Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seattle's Most Eligible Bachelor

OK - that might be an over-statement but the surprise when I received the cream colored envelope today. Yes, Mr. 4th of July is getting married next month!

He's one of my favorite people. I see him once a year, nearly every year, on the 4th of July in Seattle. It is the annual destination for my daughter and me. A simple friendship - no Christmas cards, no email, no phone calls, no birthday cards. Just every 4th of July a couple of beers, a couple of hugs and some great conversation and a fabulous light show!

We became friends when he was getting a divorce and so was I many many many firecrackers ago. Many cups of coffee and cigarettes and lots of counseling, coaching, and cajoling.

Congratulations Lenny - I'm so happy for you. And yes, I'll see you both on the 4th. And as you always say "Love ya man!".

No comments: