Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Observation

Recently, I chose, due to some unfortunate circumstances, to end a relationship. While not egregious in an of itself, what was an initial annoyance compounded and compounded and compounded (despite efforts on my part to turn it around), until the vision of the future became a horror flick in my mind.

Anyway...for some time after, said male made numerous requests for contact. For awhile I thwarted them, feeling that the stripes I'd seen, were stripes, a pattern, and an ingrained one at that. I didn't feel any more contact would net us anything constructive nor rebuild the relationship. After some initial chatter via IM I agreed to a phone call, but not until after I returned from my vacation. He indicated that was great!

And then nothing. No IMs. No call.

Was that the point? Did he believe that once I agreed to the call, he had the reins and could then affect me?

If it was - he failed.
If it wasn't - he failed.
Is my heart pierced? No.
Am I amused? Yes.

And one of my favorite sayings is: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And it shows to go you - that my initial "no" was justified and still is.

No comments: