Monday, July 06, 2009

Gotta Laugh

I had a dark feeling crawl over me when I realized some of my friends had withdrawn recommendations, un-friended me, etc. I rethought about it and decided not to feel dark any more. Either they weren't genuine to begin with or the value of being civil isn't there.

I did not say or do anything unkind. A series of scheduling conflicts made it appear that I totally withdrew, which I did not, and a few true withdrawls because I just wasn't up to it, I'm sure, added to a perception. The rest was just left unsaid. Only felt.

What I don't get is why my sadness was never addressed by the ones that I thought were the closest.

As I don't wish to be judged, I won't either. I'll revere the good and let go of the bad. And just laugh at how junior high school it all has turned out to be. I'll rejoice in the fact that youthfulness is present - in whatever form it presents itself.

Word.

No comments: