Saturday, February 13, 2010

Inverness, Scotland - First Exploration



Today I went back up to the Inverness Castle (in daylight rather than dusk) and strolled around. I imagined it to be much grander. But, a castle is a castle after all! Many of the homes in the area that I walked today had massive crinolated top stone fences with mossy drives leading to them. Quite the stately area.




I strolled about town, locating the bus and train stations, the Post Office, a cemetery (surprise), churches, places to eat and visit. I also visited the Victorian Mall.



The Church of Scotland churches, here are as plentiful as the LDS wards in Utah. I located two Catholic churches. This is a picture of the banks of the River Ness. River Ness is west of the Moray Firth and East of Loch (lake) Ness
I love this place. Once here, it is easy to forget that I'm not home and I have to remind myself I'm in a foreign country. Everyone is so nice and kind. My weeks here already feel short and I've only just arrived.

No comments: