Thursday, May 13, 2010

Abundance of Light

Summer Days in the UK is a strange phenomenon. Given it is pre-Summer and here, and still bloody cold (gloves), I hear Summer isn't defined as hot (nor is it in Utah I hear), but the days start early and go on forever.

I set my alarm for 5:30. Why, oh why? when I don't have to be to work until 9:00. It feels,  at 5:30,  like I'm missing out on the day. It's fully bright and usually cloudless. At 9:30 at night it is still a little dusky. And we have five more weeks to add on to this.

I get up and walk and walk and walk. And then I come back, clean up, get ready for work and do something else for awhile. And then walk (3 minutes) to work. After work it is still light. I usually do some more. I'm really racing through the audio books!

I have a 9th story view of the area and a really great map. Between the view and the map, I'm finding all the nooks and crannies of the town. I know the cut throughs and cut offs. It's really lovely having town and country at my feet.

I know my winters will be exactly the opposite. I'm  making hay while the sunshines.

No comments: