Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cream Tea

I apologise for lack of details here. I've seen so much, that sometimes the places blur. But...I can still, in my mind,  see the lovely restaurant that was recommended to me, where I was advised to have Cream Tea.

I have been spoilt.

Now I wander the streets of London on the weekends in search of this lovely, lovely, delicacy.

This past weekend was a failure. The clerk at the Palace gift shop recommended a place, which I knew of, but was quite a bit away. I thought, sighting a doorman to a five start hotel, that he surely could direct me. His fancy coat was just that, he did  not even know what I was talking out (where is he from anyway?!?).

Did I mention I skipped breakfast AND lunch in anticipation?  (I was rewarded with a great Paella though  - but only because I discovered Borough Market is closed on Sunday).

Even signs for tea houses disappointed me this weekend past.

Do I have to buy my own ingredients to indulge?

Perhaps a trip back to Herrods will quell the desire?

Must locate Cream Tea.

No comments: