Thursday, September 14, 2006

Absolutely Shocking!

I now know how I don't want to die. That would be by electrocution

My stylist and I decided I needed a new "do". We also decided should not try a new cut. (Have I mentioned I LOVE my stylist?). We decide upon curly top sans the perm. I promised Robert in March of 1986 I would NEVER perm again. So every morning with a little magic from a bottle, a hair dryer and a gadget called a diffuser, I create a soft pile of curls on my head. This has taken practice as wavy is easy, curly requires a knack.

I was in the knack groove this dark and early morning until the worst noise and the electrocution began simultaneously. Know what people do when they are being doused with electricity? Stare at the offender. Finally I was able to let go.

I am now very curly in front, wavy in back and wondering if the hotel will actually replace the offender.

But wait....there's more.

Back to my room. I'd marked the offender with a little eyeliner to see if it was replaced. Nope.
Down to the front desk, tell the night clerk, leave for three hours.
Back to my room. Still there.
Down to the front desk, tell the front clerk, he leaves for five minutes.
He comes back having extracted the dryer off the wall from Room 101.
Room 101 was obviously a smoking room - imagine blowing someone else's old smoke into my hair. Yum.
I ran into a coworker in the hall. He was heading to the grocery store. I went with him and bought my own dryer.
While I hate dragging it around with me - it beats the alternatives.

No comments: