Sunday, September 17, 2006

First Class

Airlines have a small, but significant way of recognizing a frequent traveler. It is call a First Class upgrade. Unless flights are over four hours one no longer earns a meal - however - the wider seat, additional legroom and the privilige of boarding and exiting the plane first is a nice little "thank you". I am perfectly happy with (and fortunately fit nicely) in a coach seat.

I love the little thrill of hearning my name called, just before boarding, to have my ticket exchanged for a First Class seat. You'll her me hiss a happy "YES!" as I trot to he desk for my prize.

The one thing that I've promised is that I will always remain appreciative of how I got to First Class - from my hard work, a fabulous job and really nice ticket agents. I refuse to treat the crew as if they were my personal grunts. (Some people leave the seats a wreck). And I hope that I get assigned a coach seat often enough to continue to appreciate the times when my ticket is chosen for an upgrade!

No comments: