Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Angels

My angels have encircled me. I recognize it. I remember the feeling. I remember the faith.

Tonight I went for a walk. I grabbed my newspaper coat, one that I don't often wear. I was given a newspaper coat as an award many years ago. Robert wore it out. When I left the Seattle Times, (the first time) my friends, Julie, Kathy, Nikki, Pat and more bought me a wool and leather logo coat in a smaller size so it wouldn't have to be shared :). I caught Robert wearing now and again and read him the riot act. That was nearly 10 years ago. When I got home today I was digging my phone out of the inside pocket. I've never used tht pocket before - it's kind of a guy's wallet pocket. Something was in there - I thought dead leaves or something. I almost just bent over and dumped the contents into the trash. I'm glad I didn't. It was confetti. The prank I always played on Robert - he played on me! Oh how many years that was waiting there for me to find. I felt his arms encircling me. Despite all the challenges our marriage faced - I never doubted for a minute that he loved me unfailingly.

My daughter called tonight and two other friends. Another ringy dingy night.

All knew I needed them.

No comments: