Monday, October 06, 2008

Footprints Not Fading

A point was actually said out loud this weekend that I've known for a long time....My Spain trip is all consuming of my being.

I was told before I left that upon my return it would be an ongoing struggle to take ones feet off the path. Several of us have discussed it since - that if you didn't do it, you can possibly understand the enormity of it all - physically, emotionally, spiritually.

Joop said awhile back he gave up trying to share it with others and just shut up about it - only sharing if specifically asked for his experiences. He noted he had us and we had him...a safe and supportive place where the secrets of the Camino could be revisited and validated. Denise has said the same....with her it is a painful reality...I can sometimes hear the hurt in her correspondence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey, Teri!
They tell us Volunteers the same thing: in a month everybody will say "So what?". Please get this figured out so you can give me some tips in about a year! Also, I will be better able to understand you then! :-)