Sunday, October 12, 2008

Teri's Grand Adventure

I'm finding EVERY excuse today not to do what I need to do. But then again maybe that is what I am supposed to be doing.

MyArtist asked me if I was liking my iPhone. My pat answer for everyone thus far has been "yeah sure - work phone, get email, cool factor".

And then there's the standard Bejeweled that I put on every toy I own because late at night, when I can't sleep, I play that. MyArtist showed me the Koi pond...I own it and it is my grandson's favorite application. Who doesn't like poking yor finger in "water" and chasing fish around? Oh and almost all my email accounts can be accessed. And I have unlimited texting. Weather, camera, my favorite photos, and an iPod inside where I can have music, movies and books.

And then there's Google Maps. Oh My! One can put in their address and where they want to go. You can get directions like you would print out off the web, a map with the directions at the top and you just click forward, forward, forward as you make the turns given, etc. There are push pins that show where you're coming from and where you're going AND..... a blue push pin that is all about where you are.

I've been wanting to go to a Jazzercize class and the one nearest by is at 5:30 am in the morning. I have yet to show up (yes I do go) and find class being held. I decided I would stake out the next closest class. It's Sunday, traffic is non-existant and I have this cool iPhone with push pins.

FANTASTIC! But what was even more fun was watching "me" come home. The little blue dot trotted down the map, off the highway, up the street and holy cow into my driveway. I had to go really slow at the point because I was in my driveway and watching the dot and not my house. And another freaky feature is seeing my my house from space on my telephone. And yes, the blue dot follows me through the house.

Please tell me I no longer have to get lost leaving airports!

No comments: