Monday, November 19, 2007

My "byLOGICAL" FAMILY

Yesterday was Thanksgiving for me. Most of my very best friends were assembled and we had our GivingThanks. It was the most stress-free T-giving I can remember. And everyone is pretty much a gourmet cook - so the food was fabulous!!

The LOGICAL family knows when to stampede into your life and when to recede. They know when to divert the tears and when to let you weep. They remember your birthday and celebrate your you-ness. They trust you with their secrets and you know they can handle yours. They know you better than you do yourself and will gently introduce you to an introspection. They make time for you, days, nights, football, weekends, Sundays. They call you. You call them. They make you snort beverages through your nose and pee your pants with laughter. They chose to be with you because they love you - and not that they love you and therefore have to be with you.

So here's a toast for the family we've assembled that are perfectly described "byLOGICAL"!

(Thanks Diana for the LOGICAL label - it is PERFECT!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And remember - Logical family members TOTALLY understand when you cannot be there! No guilt trips, no manipulating emotions. Just "cool. Have a great time. We'll miss you:

Mama Durf said...

In reading your posts, I again say...you need to write a book! I have long thought of myself as a good writer, but you have such a gift…insight and wisdom far beyond your years...I am compelled to read your posts, and often weep as I read them and laugh too...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE think seriously about putting your observations of life into a book...........