Saturday, November 17, 2007

Star Light Star Bright The First Star I Saw Tonight

....was falling in a blaze of glory! Beautiful!

What a fabulous day - warm, sunny.

I had a fun visit to the goat farm "where every goat has a name". One came over to the fence and let us pet her. It was fun to hear cow bells again.We got some fabulous chevre. http://www.drakefamilyfarms.com/

We were five minutes early for the State Wine Store opening up. The parking lot was empty. By eleven the lot was packed! The child sized shopping carts were buzzing all over the store. (The energy level was much like the anticipated retail store specials the day after Thanksgiving!) I realized being the weekend before Thanksgiving it was the place to be if one wanted to have good wine, but WOW!

We had some ever excellent Greek food for lunch. There again we were 10 minutes early for being able to buy wine - noon. We ordered our food and 10 minutes later we could be served our beverage.

Sidenote: I'm encouraging my friend to open up a blog about the interesting alcohol rules here. Maybe doing it for the whole US would be amusing too.

Then off to the theater: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubt_(play)

Wild Oats is always a welcome shopping adventure. I came home and made chestnuts-roasting-in-my-oven.

No comments: