Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Take Me As I Am

Someone wrote something to me the other day and it has struck with me as one of the most profound things that has been shared with me in years.

"Thank you for being Theresa."

It was not compartmentalized as "thank you for doing this for me" or "being this role". It wasn't an action or a portion of my personality. It was the whole me.

And the person that said it, did not know me as a long time friend, a co-worker, a girlfriend, a schoolmate, a colleague, a mother, a customer, a sister or a vendor. He got to know me my most vulnerable, transparent, simply "Teri" state, in Spain.

What he probably doesn't realize is that I will remember this when I feel that I'm not enough to everyone or even a someone. Because sometimes, just being "me" should be enough. And too, with his words, I realize that someday someone special will love me and keep me just for that.

1 comment:

Mama Durf said...

Theresa,

I have been mulling this over since you left on your Camino and I started reading your blogs...you have become quite wise, and do very well in expressing your feelings, observations...I really think you should write a book...

Love, D