Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fall at Teri's House

I have the perfect yard for being a traveler. The front lawn is the size of a postage stamp with a couple of teeny leaf trees and one that has a good amount and offers some spectacular color. The back "yard" is long and narrow, all patio and no grass. And the real beauty is the back is always shaded in the summer because of being lined with beautiful, big leafy trees. (Seeing the picture developing here?)
I have three seasons of fall. The first being the leaves fall off the trees just enough to make the yard look sloppy. The solution is a quick rake and sweep. That is immediately followed (usually within a day) with the "big dump". I truly believe the trees wait for my first pass and then spend the night quaking and shaking nearly all the rest of their leaves off. Notice, I said, nearly. The picture below is the second season. The "stripe" is mid-calf to knee deep!

The third season is when the rest come off and it requires one additional pass or there's a gooey mess that will remain under the snow this winter and will have to be clawed off come spring or the front lawn will die.

I had eleven trees on my previous property. The leaves at this house, even though I don't have the quarter acre of property, equal the amount I had at the last place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the pics of your house/property. Wish I was there mom. I am in a funk and a bit nnoyed with the world. not sure why. Love you much.