Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another California Tale

I tried an Absinthe Martini....

Absinthe - [AB-sinth] Reputed to be an aphrodisiac, absinthe is a potent, bitter liqueur distilled from wormwood and flavored with a variety of herbs. It has a distinct anise flavor and is 68 percent alcohol (136 proof). Absinthe is usually diluted with water, which changes the color of the liqueur from green to milky white. Because it's considered habit forming and hazardous to health, absinthe is prohibited in many countries and was banned in the United States in the early 1900s.

Not so yum, but fun.....again...flirting with my WILD side.

3 comments:

Elena said...

My friends and I go to the Martini Bar here in Port Orchard every so often. I wonder if they make that Martini there? I'll have to ask. Sounds interesting, I love anise.

Teri said...

Martini Bar > Port Orchard? Whoa! Could it be true???

Elena said...

I know, can you believe it!!! Next time you're in town I will take you out for a martini!!!