Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ray and Barbara

My brother, Ray was an artist. I didn't know him well - as we had two different mothers and Dad didn't dad real well. But we found each other later. Unfortunately, Ray's life was overtaken by cancer a year ago. September 3, 2007 - the day I started my camino.

Here's a little bit about the Scholarship Fund Funraiser held this last weekend. Ray was one of the founding members of the Sonoma Artist's Guild. His work, we're all finding was very diverse. Water colors, some acrylics and some multi-media.

This one is on display at the Sonoma Art Guild (I'm so proud):

Here's a picture with me, Barbara (my sister-in-law) and one of her art students, Rona.

Rona (student), Barbara and her teachning partner Aubrey, were written about in a book about their collage work. (I'm so proud).


“Lindsay Whiting provides a wonderful resource on the power of healing and discovery found in collage work. She honors the extraordinary teaching of Barbara Jacobsen and Audrey von Hawley on the range of information and revelation found in collage images. Useful at any age for personal and professional development!”
There's so much more I could show and write about this side of the family tree. It was wonderful to be there to see everyone celebrating my brother's work and Barbara!

1 comment:

Elena said...

What a wonderful way to remember your brother! Beautiful artwork. By the way Teri, You look great!!!