Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh How Her Roots Do Blow

When I selected this particular painting/panel from MyArtist, I did not know the name of it. I laughed until my sides nearly split when I read it and put it together with a thousand different things running through my head that weekend.

It was a difficult decision because the other choice was one from a collection I absolutely adore. (If a very large painting goes missing from your house - hmmm don't come looking my way - OK?)

But more than the deep meaning of the three (and really four) panels and the whimsy and connected-ness to the title, it actually fully represents a decision I came to this weekend. Actually many decisions I came to this weekend.

I followed my own advice and listened to all the thoughts and ideas and desires racing through my mind and deciphered and planned and considered and.....and...and..

So what gelled may or may not work with that five year plan I toyed with last year. It certainly doesn't conflict. But again, the winds of change, doth blow.

Oh and I started peeling that god-awful wallpaper from the walls in my bedroom. I know I need to do it "proper". But the initial rips christened the ship and set me sailing.

Oh how her roots do blow.

No comments: