Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Unplanned

I did NOT mean to be a part of Black Friday. I meant to go about my business and run some errands that I didn't want to do in/around work.


So - the snowtires are on the car and the oil is changed. But while walking back to the car after leisurely, from the safety and comfort of Starbuks, watching people line up to see Santa arrive by helicopter at the mall I strolled to the least busy store I could find. It was a Sears Outlet store. I had no idea what they sold...I do now.


Black Friday Bean Counters rejoice!


Totally unplanned I replaced my double oven and cooktop units. Wham bam, thank you ma'am, sir and sir. The outlet store is newly opened and I had to help them sell me on a couple of things (like a 30" oven WON'T fit in a 24" space) like there were other items too choose from (more expensive) than the one I originally spied, etc.


Here's why I chose to do it TODAY. The items that I found are in perfect condition. I had priced the oven replacements earlier this year and found that I did not want to spend $4000 on ovens. Today I was able to do both the ovens and the stove top, with installation, no interest (no payments too - but I don't do that) for 12 months for less than half of my original estimates. The ovens will be digital, the stove top electronic. And one of the stove top burners, you can make it be an oval - like for your turkey roaster to make gravy. One of the burners can be small or large, etc. AND after having to guess the real temperature of my ovens all day yesterday - it was TIME!

So today while my daughter's turkey is baking in the lower oven and my turkey pot pie is baking in the upper - we we appreciate the fact we have two ovens. And later this week we'll rejoice that we have two that work without additional thermometers and higher level math!

No comments: