Monday, October 29, 2007

I Like Being A Grown Up Because...

Readers warning: Rated PG 13

I was in a "mood" today. Hyperaware of things going on around me: a gal standing at another's desk for what seemed like hours, with this funky little laugh erupting every few minutes; conversations happening down the hall; scrutinizing emails being exchanged; conversations about energy lines in the earth (which I used to scoff at, but now am becoming curious); enthusiasim about proposals I'm creating, etc. In other words, it was more like a normal Monday (finally and thank goodness) but with some tobasco on it!

My point:

I was browsing through my junk mail file to see if there was anything worth keeping (lately, I've been missing some good mail that got mis-routed) and saw this: STIFFY IN A JIFFY. Not only did that send me into a fit of laughter but because if it, a couple of us ended up really looking at the stuff in there. And when you start bouncing the related subject lines between two people, the story builds and builds and builds.......I like being a grown up.

I had also donned a pair of cranky pants today. I no longer get sent to my room, instead my best friend politely said, "Why don't you go home and have a glass of wine?" I like being a grown up.

I came home and waiting on my doorstep was 1) my very soft cat, 2) a 1st edition Gertrude Atherton novel, and 3) a new silk Liz Claiborne dress. I like being a grown up.

I thought about making dinner and opted instead for a 60 second batch of nachos. I like being a grown up.

I like being a grown up!

No comments: