Friday, March 30, 2007

Funky Friday

Today was a weird day.

We had a biggy meeting at work today. My friend (and co-worker) and I hauled a lifesize Johnny Depp/Captain Jack Sparrow (a gift from the client we were meeting about) into the board room. I'd also found a really big pencil, found one of those huge easel pads and took it along too (it was a really big meeting with really big things to discuss). We got a lot of laughs and some nice compliments about being able to bring a little humor into something that threatened to be a nasty assed meeting. It was a great meeting and we had a little fun!

After work I did my Friday night java jolt on foot. It was nice out side.

I'd been trying to see a movie all week and had either been intimidated by ice storms or inundated with invites. I finally get to the theater tonight and its sold out. FINE!

I decided that I would stop by a grocery store in that neighborhood that had been recommended to me as having some good cheeses. I'm hooked. They not only had some fabulous cheeses, La Brea breads, they also had Sabra hummus!!! I had this hummus on one of my trips and fell in love with it. (I don't even remember where I first discovered it). I also found bulk bins of Robin Eggs. One of my Easter time favorites.

Tonight I was treated with an email from one of my Seattle friends. I did not look him up when I was there last week. His timing is always eerie. I know the ritual - he'll pick me up, dust me off, administer some pragmatic thoughts, twirl me around, and give me a shove back into the world.

People are starting to ask questions at work. I haven't played dodgeball in years.

Two tearless days - I'm so proud.

No comments: