Monday, March 05, 2007

Tugging At My Heart!

Last week while driving home traffic began to stop on the highway. I was at a perfect spot to exit off the highway. The off-ramp was on an incline. I looked below and saw that all the traffic had stopped in a pefect line - three lanes across. Emergency equipment had not yet arrived (I would have been about three cars back from the scene). I could see one person lying on the highway in the center lane. A lady with long blond hair was with him/her. I felt so very very sorry for everyone involved and sent up a prayer for assistance and healing.

Today I came upon another scene where the person downtown who had either been hit by a car or had collapsed at the curb. This time medics were just arriving.

My sister in law emailed me yesterday and told me that my brother's cancer had returned. One of my grandsons was in the hospital over the weekend. My dearest is struggling. I'm desperately dog paddling to stay emotionally afloat myself.

It's like the pretty crystal has shattered and our world has shifted on its axis. Where' s the peaceful world that I'm normally so blissfully ensconced in? I want it back. Please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom- I love you. You are in my heart and thoughts. Your brother is in my prayers. I was reading your blog and had not realized that Sunday was 8 years since I lost my daddy. I miss him. Am still mad at him. That is stupid I know but I need him and I miss him. Thank god he atleast found you for us girls. We needed you and still do. Things are ok. I am tired but blessed. I need to visit you soon. Laura

Teri said...

Laura Baby, I miss you and I miss your dad too. Don't be mad at him. He tried as hard as he knew how. I love you so very very much. And I promise, I'll visit soon. Mom