Sunday, March 18, 2007

Seattle Love

Inevitably upon landing at SeaTac Airport, tears begin flow. The pilot always manages a sweeping view of Puget Sound, The Space Needle, the breathtaking Seattle skyline. I remember how much I love both the city and city life.

In my travels I see many beautiful locales and I try to find a uniqueness and glamour in each. None hold a candle to Seattle. (OK, OK, Paris does have its own pair of candlesticks.)

This weekend I was able to reacquaint myself with the Pike Place Market and the vibrant Freemont district.

At the Market, tulips and daffodils dominated the flower stands, unique baubbles and gifts called to my pocketbook. I found a new cheese shop and frequented the French bakery for warm fresh brioche to eat with said cheese. I bought Pike Place Market wine and a fig and hazelnut spread. A gift for a friend's upcoming birthday. The food aromas are magnificent.

I ate memorable Thai food (I miss this the most), the freshest seafood, my favorite Italian dish. I learned that halibut have cheeks. (I didn't ask if they were face cheeks or butt cheeks!)

In Fremont stands the Stalin statue, the Rocket and Deluxe Junk (scored another fabulous coat!).

I made new friends, saw old friends, spent time with my daughter.

The trip was blessed with sunshine - even Mt. Rainier came out to greet me! And there was rain - how could it not?

I can't believe so much ground was covered in such a short time - what a joyous and memorable weekend!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Isn't the Troll in Fremont?