Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Little Insomnia, A Little List

I woke up at 4am this morning. While I tried to turn over and go back to sleep, it didn't work. OK the time change is Sunday and being the overachiever that I am - I thought "let's go with it".

I'm a list maker. Partly for remembering that I need to attend to something, mostly it is because when I cross the task off I feel a sense of achievement. Having to move something over to the next day or weekend can be a bit of a demotivator when I'm not on my game. When all the pistons are firing, pushing that task over becomes a motivator to not have to push it around again.

Do I ever finish? No. There are more than enough chores and deeds and wanderings to happen. One thing it does tell me, every day, no matter what:

I am alive and I can choose how to live yet another day.

No comments: