Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reunion - Not

I've had a family renunion planned for two years. I scheduled the time off 49 weeks ago. I canceled my plans today.

I was instrumental in it happening, I was a part of it's planning. My genealogy work contributed to what groups would be included. Many of the people attending won't be around much longer. Many I haven't seen in 30+ years.

The decision is my own. I chose not to do a CLM and proceed as planned. It is self-imposed. My company supports me, but I can't in good faith go to my customer and say "too bad, so sad". That is just not me. And I am, if nothing else consistent....this is the 3rd or 4th reunion I've missed. The others were small annual or bi-annual events. This one is the mother of all my "kin" have ever created.

I do though know how to stimulate the economy - plan a reunion that includes me.

No comments: