Thursday, June 05, 2008

Wow - Is That Really Me???

My 30th Year Class Reunion is this year. Other than the big sticker on the envelope telling the entire USPS system how old I am, I'm looking forward to going. In said envelope was a questionnaire - and it is a good one - I thought I'd share it with you - I was AMAZED when I filled it out. This is my life:

Who is the most famous person you have met and what did you do with them? (The word "most" is inhibitive). David Cassidy kissed me. I worked out with Richard Simmons. I met Lord Wedgwood and he signed a piece of china for me. I met Mark Harmon and talked to him for about 15 minutes. Robin Wilson, Gin Blossoms, grabbed my camera from stage, took a picture of me. Then he jumped off the stage, handed my camera to bystanders, had them take a picture of us, all while singing. I met the Monkee's, Davy Jones and spent a few minutes talking to him and having him sign his book. Other authors: Ann Rule, Earl Emerson, Ridley Pearson, and Sue Grafton. I have exchanged emails with Rosemary Mahoney, Tom Clancey, Paul Coehlo, Sue Kenney, Ken Griffey Jr.

What is your best accomplishment since graduationg from high school? (not kids). The Camino de Santiago. I did 275 miles of a 500 mile hike from St. Jean Pied de Port, France (Pyrenees) to Santiago de Compostella, Spain (western Spain). I did not know this person was in me: http://mi-viaje-a-santiago.blogspot.com/

What is your BEST high school memory? The come-as-you-are-party Denise and I threw the morning after Graduation. That would also be the morning after the senior kegger at the Sand Pits. It was really, really early and everyone was really, really hung over.

What was your most HAIR-RAISING high school memory? What happened in high school stays in high school.

What was the highest amount of money you spent in one day since high school? I haven't a clue - and have probably blocked it out.

What is your dream job? The one I have now. Always busy, always challenging, always new.

How many states in the U.S. have you visited since high school graduation? How many countries in the world? List them please. States - 34: Colorado, Washington, Utah, Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland/DC, Virginia, Massachusetts, South Carolina, North Carolina, New York, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Florida, Texas, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nevada, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona. Countries - 7: Canada, Mexico, Santo Domingo, Spain, France (3x), Netherlands, Portugal.

What is the nicest car you've ever driven? My Miata.

Who from our class would be most qualified to run our country? I don't know what everyone's been doing. This will be interesting to find out.

What is the greatest miracle you've ever seen? Two shooting stars while carrying the remains of St. Philomena across a church courtyard. The family of storks landing in the church bell-tower at dusk in Belorado, Spain. The "presence" who/which helped me find my way in the dark in Spain so many pre-dawn mornings. Seeing the Milky Way with not a single city light to diminish it. And the gene-pool present in my children (ALL of them!).

Yes, this is my life and I LOVE IT! I don't want to be anyone else but ME!

1 comment:

Mama Durf said...

I thought of that early morning party just a few weeks ago...all of us in our pj's going into the donut shop!!! I have pictures! :o