Sunday, June 29, 2008

Movie In Motion

Remember what it was like when you were a kid (or have you seen it in a movie) where a movie reel is running through a projector and frame by frame you past was flickering past you?

Last night this happened to me. We were sitting outside enjoying the encroaching coolness. The sprinkler was going and a puddle was forming near us. It might have been me, or my grandson, or even my daughter, but one of us started the launched the tiniest of effort of getting someone wet. Then it became puddle stomp and then a wet chase around the cars. At one point we just picked my grandson up and set him in the puddle. And then I got a dustpan and had the lead because I had a scoop. And then my grandson got a bucket (which didn't work well because it was a puddle). And then he gave soaking hugs. We were all soaked and happy.

Robert and the kids and I did this every summer. And sometimes during the "off season" with tap, water we did it in the house too. (You never really knew when you'd be soaked at our house.)

Giggles and farts and snorts and hugs. And the coolest thing? The cameras are still rolling.

No comments: