Sunday, December 14, 2008

Apparently Not

I talked to the lady at Sears yesterday.....I left in tears. I have to say though, the Sears team is the most kind and professional group to work but I'm not happy with the results, but this has to end NOW!

The ELECTRIC dented oven at the store will be repaired (it's just the door) and the moulding around the top fixed (I did not agree to the "that won't show on the top" it's the top left corner and WILL look like crap and allow stuff to fall through into the cabinet). This is nice - it is a nice oven set and I would have bought it except for the dent.

What I'm NOT HAPPY about is they will still only pay for half of the gas. And I have to pay MORE for the warranty on this one. So because of all of the screw-ups and delays I'm out about $300 additional dollars.

But what really pisses me off is that the gas work can't be put on my credit card to stretch it out (12 months no interest) - the "half" is going to be taken off as a credit on my account. So I'm out $600 CASH at Christmas.

The other alternative is they refund me for everything and we walk away - that won't work because the gas would be my problem altogether and I would be out the whole $600.

As I did the math, tears started rolling down my face. I finally just said "uncle" and left.

In the meantime, I'm cooking for a dinner party, the holidays, etc. in a single 24" wide oven. I would have liked to have kept the one I have "pristine" for the future buyers. But cooking in this one while I have possession of it, given all the circumstances is kinda like a guy deciding to pee on something just out of spite.

"Tee hee".

No comments: