Thursday, December 11, 2008

Will The Insanity EVER End!

Stove top works - check!
Try the oven: Top control - check!
Bottom control - what bottom control?
Start top oven, bottom oven heats with a huge exposed flame.
Still mildly irritated that that there's a six inch gap at the top of the ovens that didn't exist in the old one. More money. Wait - not happy with both ovens having to work at the same temperature and the exposed flame. Exposed flame. Exposed flame - what's wrong with this picture?

Drive to store for a "chat".

Remember...I purchased a double oven - electric?
Remember...it was really a gas oven?

Guess what? I didn't even get a double GAS oven....I got a little bitty top oven (common with wall ovens) and a nifty BROILER for the bottom - hence the open flame.

Now I have even LESS oven space and a fancy pepper roaster.

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!

And I was beginning to think I was a twit - until the store personnel were as baffled as I was - all of them....until they called Maytag. NO ONE makes 24" double GAS ovens.

Sears is working very hard to make this right for me...I'll probably know some more tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to know what I'll know tomorrow - but until then.....

Several good things came out of today...the installers found a probem with the valve on my water heater and fixed it for a song (which explained why my current gas bill, that I received TODAY had skyrocketed). I found a new handyman out of it all: gas, electrical, plumbing, some cabinetry.

And...

That Sears truly is devastated this is all happening and working very hard to make it right with me.

Falalalalalalalala!

Tune in tomorrow.......

No comments: