Monday, December 08, 2008

I Asked Myself A Question

I love walking. When I walk (not so much when I'm hiking because I tend to hurt myself) I muse and let thoughts float in and out of my psyche. Some days it can be sad - I come to a lot of decisions and changes of directions, walk into a resolve, most most are just little visions, hopes, dreams, giggles and sometimes something deep that calls me to explore or even dwell into something that needs my attention.

This weekend was an "explore to dwell".

Why and by whom (Whom?) was I called to the Camino?

It started as passing time in a bookstore, to a passage in a book, to the thought of it being interesting, to how might I, to working towards that end and actually doing it. Why? Really WHY? Now what? I can't believe two years worth of work (divine effort) simply ended on September 25, 2007.

Others seem to be haunted/consumed by the same question.

Did GOD direct me? Did St. James summon me? Are they in cahoots? Mary's in all of this somewhere, I know it. Roses, roses, everywhere. And why since does my Catholic faith NOT seem all- important and other faiths information has floated into my line of vision? I still embrace my faith and am starting to approach it again (differently). I'm not lacking in faith - in face it is all consuming and stronger than ever - religion has changed. Now what? NOW WHAT?

What is my role? What am I missing? Right now the only answer I have is this.....a favorite hymn of mine written and performed by Dan Schutte: "Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?I have heard you calling in the night. I will go, Lord, if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart."

(And not five minutes after I posted ths blog - I was asked if I would like to visit a new Mormon temple with a co-worker and his family. He promised I wasn't a "project". See what I mean....there's something bigger here and I'm intrigued.)

No comments: