Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Adventure

With the help of my beloved sister-in-law, Barbara, I'm off on a new adventure....collage!
I've completed one.... (look left). Collect your own thoughts about what you see and then look below to see mine...that's what art is all about.

My next one is started. It is emotionally complex. I need to "journal" some things I am familiar with before I get into the full "artistic" gift of simple/complex creation.

One thing that I have going for me in embarking on this voyage...I have Barbara, Audrey, Janice, Diane, Karen, my mother-in-law (Mom), Laura and MyArtist to mentor me. Many will never know nor understand how much they already have.

Simple message: Christmas wishes of the recipients...might be love, gifts, travel, jewelery, birth/rebirth, world peace or the great outdoors. - all things I love.

Artistic message: Do you see the Nativity playing out here? Jesus (baby, love and peace/dove), tent (manger), tree topper (northern star), wise men (travel, gifts and bling) and then there's Santa Claus (Saint Nicholas) and wishes (prayers).

And you just thought it was scissors and glue.

No comments: