Thursday, December 25, 2008

Perfect Day

A perfect day.

I was given many cooking related gifts this year and it was so much fun trying everything out today. Kind of like a kid with new toys.

Breakfast was biscuits and gravy. For dinner we had gingersnap potroast with dumplings, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Yummy.

From one cookbook I made eggnog cookies and chocolate mousse in white chocolate "cups". Decadent!

Found out we have a mouse in the house who favors butterscotch morsels and coconut over nuts and grains.

Calls and emails from friends and family (including my dear Camino friends). We web-cammed my oldest daughter in for Christmas morning - it was like we were all here together.

Kidlet hugs and kisses.

And a very unexpected, pleasant surprise.

Snow. My daughter and I stood outside tonight....watching the snow fall, not wanting the day to end.

No comments: