Wednesday, December 03, 2008

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True...

It probably is.

That fantastic oven that I bought - is gas. My former one, which was dismantled at the curb when the difference was discovered, was electric. Is there a 24" double electric oven in the state (from Sears Outlet), yes...the one with the big dent in the front. Like Wendy says..."it's no fun to have a dent if you didn't earn it!"

Running a gas line will be, oh, $500. Oh and he can do it, but not for a few days.

Now how did I get myself into this pickle? The stoves rang up as gas originally and I told them then I couldn't get it. The guy was like - "I don't think it is, must be a problem with the ticket. He strolled over, took a look and said it wasn't gas." So I may be a chick trying to buy built in appliances without a clue, but....that one wasn't my fault".

And the cook top didn't heat up either.

So I have a big gaping hole in my kitchen wall, two ovens that I can't use, tucked in the corner, a cooktop that won't heat up and an additional $500 that I have to pony up in a few days (I had 12 months same as cash on the others).

Fortunately - the installer is sweet as pie and sorry as hell and a retailer that is trying really hard to make it up to me...but gee golly.....this is really NOT how I planned this!

No comments: