Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow!

Ahhh Winter. AAAHHH WINTER!

While my friends and family in the NW have been shoveling the white stuff a lot the past few days we've had little snows (still known as school closures in the NW) just about every other day for the last week. W

We haven't had any snow until it started last week. And well today is proving to be a mother. Wendy shoveled a couple of inches before she went to work today. I've shoveled eight and then another two.

We have a 4-car driveway (not counting the carport) and a decent lot in front. And I'm the neighborhood snow fairy. So I've done mine and my neighbors' a couple of times.

Thank goodness for the mighty Miata. Earlier today it took six-eight inches of snow like a trooper. Up and over, in and through. Not one hint of stuckyiness or sliding. I worry a lot with just a little snow or ice because a good gust of wind on ice can have me changing lanes against my will. But give it a pile of fresh snow (or sand as this fall gave it) and it is all over it!

And the kidlets just got home safe and sound!

No comments: