Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blissful Closes

Winter offers a unique perspective to me. As some see it as the death of Summer or Fall, I see it as the beginning of Spring. Winter is the shortest day of the year. The darkest day that exists. Everything after that begins new. New light, promised warmth, blossoms on the flowers.

As Winter approaches and signals the end of another year I'm pausing to reflect on the gifts bestowed upon me these past twelve months. How fortunate I am in all that surronds me be it events or people!

I have many friends. Not just "letsdolunch" friends. FRIENDS. Friends here, friends from where I've been, friends from when I was twelve, new friends, friends who are lighting the way to where I'm going. I am blessed with many who love me. They are all unique. They all bring different gifts to my life banquet.

I have my travels. Oh how this little girl from a northern Colorado cow town has spread her wings! The places I have been, the things I've done, the people I'm gifted to see year after year! The plans I have for this coming year offer more adventures and sweet opportunities to draw out the Teri that is still coming into her full being!

My family. I do not use this word lightly. There are many from the core that don't understand and don't seem to care. Where I soar above most, is that my extended family warmly surrounds me and keeps me emotionally safe and prospering. To all my family - whether bred from genes or love - THANK YOU! Your contribution to who I am is invaluable and adored!

I am so very grateful for my continued discovery of my physical abilities. Who wudda thunk it? It is wonderful to be able to do my yoga, walk, hike, explore this beautiful planet without limits.

And to my faith and yoga practice: Namaste! You can and do exist together in perfect union - thank you!

Hello Winter.

1 comment:

Elena said...

Very well put. Teri, you are so poetic! I love reading your blogs. I just got done watching "It's a Wonderful Life", and yes it is....