Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I had the most wonderful day - a kidless day. Sounds bad, I know. What it was though was that all the kidlets are out in the big world doing their mom and adult thing. What did I do? Another mom, on the same plane of life, and I went for coffee, made brunch, watched a perfectly sappy chick flick, quilted, had a glass of wine on my wonderfully shady patio, untaped the blackboard wall, prehung the cork, fixed dinner and just relaxed.

My children called with wonderful wedding planning and schooling news. I'm so proud. They are so grown up and so am I. I've graduated from parenting in to watching the beautiful flowers just bloom.

My laundry room is coming along. Now that I have the freezer where it belongs - I actually have a folding table. A few more days puttering around in that room and it will almost be "nice". A nice coat of yellow paint might actually make it "pretty". I also attacked the ivy this morning. It was threatening to take over the patio. Things are coming along nicely.

And - I figured out why my bedroom is always so damn warm - the fan switch was in the wrong position :)

So - a very productive weekend - mind, heart, soul and tasks!

No comments: