Saturday, May 05, 2007

Why

I have spent the last hour trying to compose a "let's wrap it up" letter. How is one supposed to say "it's time" when all you really want is to say "FIGHT FOR ME, DAMMIT"? I'm not in high school any more. This isn't supposed to be a reoccuring event in one's life.

I enjoyed waking up in the morning to a smiling, sweet-breathed, amorous, handsome man whose arms had been wrapped around me all night long. I enjoyed taking turns hauling our morning coffee back up the stairs. I enjoyed cooking meals together and having conversations accentuated with forks in the air while making a point. I miss our love notes on the bathroom mirror. I miss having roses every single day. I loved being told and shown every five minutes how very much I was loved.

Why does it have to be this way?

No comments: