Saturday, May 12, 2007

Randi

Randi can only be defined as an angel. She's my friend from work. But she's so much more than that. She and I did the Paris thing last year.

Today she calls midday and asks if I'm home - can she drop by. She was waiting for a car part to be delivered and was done with waiting. I'd just gotten home from running my errands so her timing was perfect.

Not planned, but completed (or nearly) because of her visit: My shoulders tanned (THE wedding is next week). One water barrel is empty (she knows how to siphon - hehehe), the 2nd nearly so. The freezer defrosting (that has been sitting in the middle of the floor for 2 years because it needed to go where the water barrels had been sitting). The wall is sanded (she watched), the cork/chair railing area measured, the drop cloths are taped to the lower part of the wall (black paint going up). We supped wine, ate sushi, chatted and schemed about the next project. The cork is unrolled and "resting" so it won't be in a fetal position tomorrow when we try to hang it.

All this in a drop by.

I also got my shoes and socks for the trip, groceries purchased, the supplies to finish the wall (smooth roller thingies), the yard waterd, the back swept, the "shed" cleaned and rearranged and yet another magazine read. And it's only 5:30.

For a "I don't have anything I have to do today" day, I sure got a hellava lot done thanks an early start and Randi.

No comments: