Friday, May 18, 2007

Walking

I'm glad I have a physical hobby. It is amazing how much mental processing, sorting, chucking, rationalizing, compromising, idea gathering, resolution and peace finding can be garnered while walking.

I hear books, listen to music, strengthen my body and resolve, and sometimes even physically read magazines (I have to know the path really well to do this) while I'm schleping along. With PodRunner I have a really strong stride now and can cover more ground in less time. I love effeciencies.

And there are days that I just let the birds do the entertaining too :)

Today was a chucking day. I walked the same route that I did one evening before Paul and I had yet another discussion on how we might hold on (only to have all those agreements fade into obscurity). Obviously I don't want this route to always be a reminder of THAT. So today I started looking around, trying to see new things along the way so the sadness/frustration could be disolved in the beauty. I pretty much succeeded - Timp is losing its snow earlier this year, the sky is very blue, the parks verdant in their Springness. The children looked so young and tiny racing their way to school on scooters and bikes.

In expressing my frustration yesterday on still, occassionally feeling like I got socked in the gut, my friend reminded me "Teri, you need to allow yourself time to heal." I am frustrated. My friends and family are dealing with issues much, much, much more serious than mine. On their scale - mine should be rated as trivial. I need to be their strength now. I can't be withdrawing, even for a moment, from them. Mine is a situation - that's all.

Toughen up buttercup. Take a walk.

No comments: