Friday, May 04, 2007

The Wall

The Wall is changing! I got the 1st taping coat on. (I cannot figure out why they call it that). Another 24 hours and I can do the 2nd. From there the magic begins. This is all so new to me - I've never done this stuff before. Part of me is enjoying it - part of me wishes I had other "distractions".

As I covered the comments my friends had written, I recalled get-togethers and thought about the wonderful people who left the notes for me. As I covered the heart I'd drawn with "Teri loves P---", replete with arrow, I thought about the love I'd felt and how, now, he won't even speak to me. I laughed a little thinking how our relationship went from being like a bottle of champagne to a bottle of flat soda.

I thought about my girlfriends. How wonderfully sweet and capable they are. Both teaching me how to do walls and change electrical sockets. How joyfully they lift my spirits.

When I was done with round one I climbed into the ugly chair. Indie had a poignant French film, staged in Paris, about a couple in love who mistakenly ended their relationship. I wanted to travel again - to Paris and to Love.

How about that wall?

No comments: