Friday, June 15, 2007

Who's Driving The Bus?

I've not been "myself" lately. I don't mean that I don't feel well or I'm acting weird - a different level. I've been in a phase that now and again I fall into but know that inevitibly I will "go back" to what I know really works for me.

I'm talking about my Faith. And I don't mean Catholicism. I learned a few decades ago that by simply "believing" (after a thousand lessons proving such), my life was good and it only got better, the more I let the Spirit guide me. I had speed bumps to keep my attention, some life altering crap to show me how "good" should really be defined, etc., etc. When allowing my faith to just take care of "it" I was often observed always having a serene and peaceful look about me. I moved ahead and along without any major effort on my part. The return I got was always ten-fold....avoiding something dangerous or an accident , seeing something of beauty, meeting a special person, etc.

I chalked up my instant match with Paul as a Gift, gave thanks for it and then when things went south - I proceeded to toss tears, virtual dishes, cards, and everything at it, except my Faith. While, in hindsight, I see that what prayers I selfishly tossed up were heard - there was an easier way, for at least me, if not us, to get through it. Had I stopped fretting long enough to listen, I don't doubt I would have been handed answers, if not simply peace.

I know my Faith is taking me to Spain and will get me across Spain (there's that whole walking across the country thing again). I figure, whether I am ready for it or not - God has organized this as a captive audience exercise. It has been like the parting of waters on how this has all come together not to be. My iPod is loaded with music from the Camino - past Pilgrims' tributes to their journeys and epiphanies. I promise to let Him in and I promise to try to give up the steering wheel with my day to day living.

No comments: