Sunday, June 10, 2007

Reminders

I keep getting reminders that I have responses to my personals ad. I cancelled my account in November (see the notation about it not being cool if you're seeing someone to be writing to someone else). I finally logged in today to see what kind of "stuff" was in there. I deleted tons of responses right off because they were the no brainer responses that one can just send without thinking an original thought. Some of the others, I felt sorry for because they'd written and never got a response from me (screams rejection - although it wasn't really).

While for many years, meeting people on line has been a lot of fun for me - I've met a few, actually had dates with fewer and actually dated even fewer - I can't engage in this right now. I'm still too raw. I felt so lucky that I didn't have to start from scratch with Paul - I knew him and his essence and I didn't have to trudge through the yuck and much to find even the possibility of a pearl.

I think hiking next week will be fun - but tradition says I'll have to have "my cute on". That's going to take some work on my part...I'd rather just hike. Where's Pat when I need him? No games just altitude gains and losses.

Sigh

No comments: