Saturday, June 02, 2007

Your Chariot Awaits

Wine Club was tonight. One couple came in their golf cart, another came separately with one by car and the other by a hot candy apple red racing bike, and a couple of convertibles.

Our fabulous group consists of Democrats and Republicans, former Catholics and former Mormons, a Catholic (me), a couple of professors, a couple of software company managers (he he), a house-husband, a mix of other careers, working, retired and semi-retired, and ages ranging from mid-thirties to mid-sixties.

Our topics range from wines and foods to literature and history, military and protests, religion and politics, children and grandchildren, sailing and hiking, tiger moths and deer.

I'm the low-lander, not living in the area the group resides. Once a year they come off the mountain, into the valley, to my house. Month after month I get closer to these people and feel a little more worldly after each visit.

Who would have thought I would have found so much beauty in Utah? I have a wonderful job and wonderful friends. I found Paul here and will be having my trip. I have a fabulous home, my own drill and this perfect life. I never would have guessed it from a state that was never on my radar.

Funny where life takes you isn't it?

No comments: