Saturday, June 16, 2007

Not Special Enough

I got my answer yesterday. I only had to "Listen". I did a lot of sighing. I only needed to think about what I didn't write, what didn't happen and what I'll lay money on, will happen next week.
This kept running through my head from my Let It Go Posting (http://gossamer-wings.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-daughter-sent-this-to-me.html) : "I don’t want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you."

I won't allow myself to be treated as half-special or sometimes-special. I just won't settle for that.

I woke up this morning and those things that were hurtful were scrolling through my head over and over again like movie credits. I dug for the good, to see if I could either balance or tip the scale. It didn't work.

While washing my face this morning I noticed a note I wrote to myself in late April, early May, on my bathroom mirror (a dry erase marker and a bathroom mirror are wonderful things).

"I am worth it".

Even if I never find anyone who can believe in that with me, I can and I will treat myself as such.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still read this. I'm home. I dropped the girls off a bit ago in Rock Springs. Crys decided today that tomorrow was "inconvenient" for her and if I wanted to keep them tonight, I could bring them all the way back tomorrow or meet her this evening. Since I have to work Tuesday, somehow 850 miles didnt sound appealing in one day.