Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Magic Shoes

Last night I did what I feared would happen at some point with my walkabouts. A perfect evening, not warm, not cool. I decide to walk and find the gloves I need for my hike. I need some with rubber dots on the palm. I was told I could find them in a convenience store.

No, not me - I head to the nearest outdoor store. They don't have them - only the super serious climber gloves. I call my daughter - she doesn't use them she tapes her hands. I look down the hill- there's a convenience store - I'll try there. They had them - big enough for my feet. "Too big" said Goldilocks.

I go outside and start to head back home. But I stop, look further down the hill, maybe there. No not there; maybe there. No not there either. Yes, there, again tooooo big. OK now I am MILES from home at the bottom of all the hills. I live on the top of the hill - back there.

I didn't get my gloves, but I did get about 6 miles on my feet for the night.

Tonight I ventured out again - but this time to the hardware store. Bingo - just the teeny tiny sticky gloves I needed. (And a few more miles). And ..... they match my Camel pack. Now...where are those blue shoes?

Here's the coolest part. If I can work 8 hours and get 6 miles under my belt - I can now imagine that I can just walk all day and I will make it across a country (eeek) just fine! I'm going to freaking be walking across a country. Go me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn you! Youre blog kicks my ass every freakin time I read it! Why are you my friend? Why do you love me? Why? Why? Why? Damn you?

Teri said...

Because you're a butthead.