Monday, October 08, 2007

Been There, Done That

The Camino boards were buzzing this week about Eunate stories. Having "just" been there myself, I shared my experience and mentioned a 10x Camino-er that had been stayed there the same night. Tonight I received an email from another Pilgrim, who on her 4th Camino (getting the pattern here of re-visits?) filmed the man I was mentioning.

I went to her site and well, she happens to be a noted writer and filmographer (and frequent walker) of the Camino. Like wow! She wrote to me!!! I had just heard of her work just before I left and hadn't had the opportunity to read or watch her video. I can't wait to now.

As I started viewing one of the clips on the site, before the buffering even let it all lose, I was in tears. The first scenes were sunrises and then it focused on some movement, the crunching of the stones from the boots.

This is all still very fresh in my mind, as I hope I can keep it for a long time. Today was the first day I didn't have swelling in my feet and ankles since I've returned so I know time is going to attempt to erase secret world.

But hopefully with people like Sue and the boards we all contribute to, will allow us to bask for a very long time....at least until we can get there again.

http://www.suekenney.ca/

No comments: