Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Going Back

I've got the jet-lag/time zone change cobwebs out of my head (still not out of the house though).

The walking stick made it home (and now my trip seems more REAL and less SURREAL). I'm starting to receive emails from my Camino Friends telling me where they are (ALMOST to the finish line!!!).

What always reminds me that I'm back into reality is the fact that I'm back to American food. I long for the tastes of the countries I've visited. This morning I recreated the tortilla y patata or Tortilla Espagna - shape and all. (OK move on past the fact that 1) I cooked and 2) I cooked in the morning 3) I cooked in the morning on a workday).

So far so good on holding on the euro food scene since I've returned. I really had the time to learn the names, the ingredients and TASTE the food on this trip. There was no pressure of time and I learned to sit and eat and think and enjoy.

Yet another gift of the Camino.

No comments: