Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Giving Thanks - Update

I just wrote emails to the airline that facilitated in scheduling my trip and the airline who relentlessly worked to track down my lost hiking stick.

I thanked them for their efforts in making my trip (flights) and bringing my trip home (my walking stick).

Have you thanked your support system today? Give it a try - let someone know that their caring affected you in a positive way.

Watch the world change.

THE CHANGE BEGINS:

1) Continental, who worked so hard on my walking stick, wrote back to me today thanking me for taking the time to recognize their efforts. They said they try, but it isn't often that someone makes the effort to note it.

2) I tried to help out another manager today with getting various pieces of information for his team. He sent thank you's in response to each email. He caught me in the hall and thanked me again! And then one of his team members stopped by to thank me because the manager had told the group where the information had come from.

3) I went to the outdoors store that sold me my pack and later did adjustments to thank the man for his help. My pack was a perfect match and fit. He wasn't there, but the other salesrep had me write a note for him. She also suggested that I write to the owner, including pictures, but they highlighted special trips on their website. My little adventure will be highlighted locally!

No comments: