Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

I posted this last night at 11:57 and then pulled it offline so as not to influence the discussion planned for today. I really, really wanted to listen and not talk/type any more. I'd said my mind. It was time to listen and understand. Tonight I chose to refuse to settle. SweetStuff was all over wanting to take out whomever had pissed me off yesterday - and it was just that - I was pissed. Yet today, already, again, I lost my rank to everyone else. Here's the post in it's original form:

When crossing a street, be sure to look both ways. While meandering along, frothing at the mouth, I was blindsided last night with candor of the fingers. I did not realize that I had all that "eloquent poetic bluntness" all bottled up inside of me. Well, now, Teri, you popped that cork clean out of the bottle, didn't you?

In retrospect, what I said (belched) was drawing a line in the sand. Not by any means acrimonious. It was saying I no longer wished to stand on the periphery of love and watch it atrophy or to be lazily strangled by apathy. Either I wanted to nourish it or find it another home.

The sum total of it all, unplanned, I challenged my sweetest one to a duel. The result, I'm afraid, may quite possibly find no middle ground.

The fair maiden awaits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GORGOUS - whats happening!?! You certainly aren't doing the "sweet dreams" thing tonight! What can I do???? Call me!

Teri said...

Spell check! That's GORGEOUS to you! Thanks - I needed that.