Thursday, March 20, 2008

Running Towards The Light

I'm sure I'll have moments of ambivalence in the wake of pushing my "fish or cut bait" attitude to the surface. I need to stop half-living my life. I've kept my feet in abstinance, one eye in the rear view mirror and one eye on the horizon for longer than is healthy. Longer than is wise.

Monday I opened my mind and my heart, again. Something I hadn't done in nearly a year. Tuesday night, somehow, my reticence to poking at the bear made way to resolve. Resolve to define, act and commit or let go.

The latter is the outcome. I knew it was a possibility. Until now I wasn't ready to accept that option. And to be perfectly honest, I couldn't really imagine he would allow it to happen. I really thought I was "all that" to him. Silly little fluffy headed ego of mine.

So my big, little world out there, let me have a little time to gather my wits about me and before you know it, I'll be poking my head out there and saying "hey" again. A little older, a lot wiser, and open to what you have to share with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teri, I miss indulging daily in your life.. coming back soon, I hope?